It all started when my sister Christine, suggested that I participate in a contest at Real Women of Philadelphia. Unaware what exactly this contest was about, I signed up, created my profile and made a video to submit it along with my recipe (see bellow). Right from the beginning I managed not to notice one “little” detail, the ongoing contest is not only about the prize of $25,000, it is also sort of a casting competition as well. It was there, right in front of my eyes in bold print- The Casting Competition!
I love the idea behind the contest, but as you can probably tell from the video bellow I was petrified to be in it. That’s before I knew it was a “casting call” contest. I can’t imagine how scared would I be now! So I decided that the bellow recipe will be my only submission to RWOP contest.
However the entire experience inspired me to do more videos and recipes for this website- so please, join my mailing list if you don’t want to miss any recipes. Due to the warm feedback I received on Facebook, I am very encouraged to more videos and share with you my recipes. Some of you I know, some of you know my husband and I thank you all very much. It turns out that some of you are great cooks as well. Every one of you deserves to be mentioned by name.
Christine, thank you for encouraging me.
Sabrina, as a working mom, you have to juggle lots of things! Thank you for the “like” over at Facebook!
Thank you Chuck, I will be visiting your website to see what’s “cookin” in your part of the country.
Last by not least a huge thank you to Lynne, Diane, Doris (please stay cool down in FL), Mary Lou and Lonnie.
So without any further ado here is my….
Philadelphia Cheese And Chicken Quesadilla
If you ever end up with left over chicken (rotisserie, roasted or just about any chicken) this is a quick and easy recipe to make delicious appetizer or a snack.
Prep time: 15 minutes |Cook time: 30 minutes |Total time: 45 minutes |Servings: 12
- 8 ounce(s) of PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese
- 2 cup(s) of Shredded Chicken
- 1/2 cup(s) of Salsa
- 1/4 cup(s) of Crumbled Goat Cheese
- 2 cup(s) of Kraft Shredded Cheddar Or Mixed Cheese
- 3 tbsp. of Chopped Jalapeno Pepper
- 1/2 cup(s) of Cherry Tomatoes (Cut into quarters)
- 6 10 inch Flour Tortillas
- In a large mixing bowl mix the chicken, PHILADELPHIA cream cheese, 1 cup of kraft shredded cheddar, salsa, goat cheese and about half of Jalapeno peppers.
- Spray a 10 inch (or bigger) skillet with a cooking spray and cook your tortilla in the skillet until lightly golden brown on one side, for about 3 minutes on medium high heat. Set the tortilla aside.
- Take another tortilla and spread evenly about 1/3 of the mix you made.
- Spray your preheated skillet with cooking spray, place the filled tortilla inside the skillet.
- Cover the filled tortilla in the skillet with the one you cooked earlier (brown side up) and cook it for about 3 minutes.
- To finish it, sprinkle the top of your casadia with 1/3 of the shredded cheddar, some jalapenos (adjust to taste) and 1/3 of cherry tomatoes. Bake in the oven at 400 degrees for about 4-6 minutes.
- Repeat steps 2 through 6 to make additional (two) quesadilla.