Last week my husband grilled an outstanding flank steak. The original recipe is available at The Salt Underground Blog, but I thought that the readers if this blog will enjoy this recipe. The flank stake might be tricky to cook, as it is a tougher cut of beef, but if you can marinate it for a few hours (or overnight) prior to cooking it, you will absolutely love flank steak.
Once sliced a two pound plank steak can feed six to eight people. Fro the two of us it means about 4 meals. After letting sit for a 10-15 minutes after removing the meat from the grill, we cut the mean in to thin pieces (against the grain) and portion the meat into small ziplock bags (which can also be froze). This steak tastes great cold over your salad or with your scrambled eggs.
The trick with the flank steak is not to overcooking it, hence if you follow the recipe below your steak will be “rare” so adjust accordingly your grilling time if you like your meat to be well done.
Grilled Flank Stake
By July 27, 2015Published:
- Yield: 1 grilled flank steak (6-8 Servings)
- Prep: 4 hrs 0 min
- Cook: 12 mins
- Ready In: 4 hrs 12 mins
Marinating this stake for 3 to 4 hours (or even overnight) what really makes it taste great.
- 2 lb flank steak
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 4 bsp worcestershire sauce
- 4 cloves garlic finely minced
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 2 tsp Rosemary Salt by Falksalt
- 1 tsp black pepper freshly ground
- To make the marinade mix in bowl all of the ingredients together. Whisk well to incorporate all the of the ingredients.
- Place your flank steak into 1 gallon ziplock bag and pour into the bag your marinade. Lock the the bag while trying to get out of it as much air as you can. Give it a little “massage” to make sure the stake is covered in marinade. Marinade in the fridge for 3 or 4 hours - overnight would be the best.
- Preheat your grill to about 450° F. Grill your flank steak for 6 minutes at each side for “rare”.
- *Optional* Save your marinade and bring it to simmer for a few minutes in a small sauce pan. You can use it to serve your steak with it.