Buffalo Chicken Macaroni & Cheese
By September 10, 2013Published:
- Yield: 4-6 Servings
- Prep: 20 mins
- Cook: 45 mins
- Ready In: 1 hr 5 mins
- 1 lb macaroni cooked till al dente in salted water
- 2 tablespoons canola oil you can use vegetable or any oil you like
- 1/2 cup celery chopped
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 1/2 cup chicken Cut in to small pieces. You can use a leftover chicken, like a rotisserie chicken for example.
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup your favorite brand
- 1 can cheddar cheese soup your favorite brand
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup half & half
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Powdered Garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon Powdered Onion
- 1/3 cup Hot Sauce
- 1 cup Blue Cheese crumbled
- 2 cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese reserve 1/2 cup to sprinkle on top before baking
- 3 tablespoons Corn Starch to thicken the souce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cold water (for the starch)
- 1/2 cup Panko Bread Crumbs (to sprinkle on top before baking)
- Paprika enough top sprinkle on to to add color
- In the frying pan combine celery, onion and oil. Saute till tender but not brown.
- In a sauce pan combine chicken, mushroom soup, cheddar cheese soup, chicken broth, half and half, hot sauce, blue cheese, cheddar cheese, salt, powdered garlic, powdered onion. Bring it to a low simmer while constantly stirring.
- When the sauce begins to simmer, add celery and onion and corn starch mixture, made with corn starch and cold water. Continue stirring for additional 5 minutes.
- In a large bawl combine the cooked macaroni and the sauce. Mix well.
- Transfer the mixture into a baking dish. Sprinkle the top with cheddar cheese, bread crumbs and paprika.
- Bake at 350ºF for approximately 45 minutes